Thursday, July 29, 2010

IT's HOT OUTSIDE

I think summer should be over now. I have had enough. Actually I had enough by the first official day of summer but now it's been over a month and I HAVE HAD ENOUGH! I am tired of seeing it hotter here than in Houston, than in Florida, than in Hong Kong, than in ANYWHERE!!!

Do I sound whiny? Good, because that is my intention. I already hate summer and heat but, come on, this is ridiculous. It has been 95 degrees plus almost every day this month and the humidity level is so high you can practically soap up from all the sweat you produce.

Nestle is none too pleased, either. She is cold inside and hot outside. Her summer cut helps outside but since the house is maintained at 72 degrees or under, she is cold in the house. Bedtime is the worst since I keep the room at 70 degrees. She is under the covers in a flash and doesn't mover the whole night. (Unless it's to shiver.)

Knitting is coming along well. Becky's sweater is endless so I knit on it for a bit and then switch. A bunch of us are making the oscilator scarf (I know that it's spelled wrong, thank you very much, but I am too lazy to look it up!). I love it. I am making it out of my cashmere from TNNA and it is gorgeous and feels even better.

Soon Dorothy and I start the baby blanket. I ordered the yarn yesterday. It looks hard but I think I will only need BIG help with the cast on. (That's a hint for ... you know who you are!)

Saturday a bunch of us are going over to Lynn's house for a knit all day. It should be lots of fun. We are going to make some yarn markers and learn i-cords. I am really looking forward to it.

I had the KC Knitters over on Tuesday. I love that my dentist cannot see my on Fridays. Gives me an excuse to take a Tuesday off. Six showed up and we had lots of fun. Mostly because Sandy was one of them and she can really tell some hilarious stories. I made a fruit salad which I was very proud of because I picked the fruit myself and made the salad. NO help from Frank. It was good and I know it because there was none left!

Next week I am off to Chicago and then home by Thursday for an all you eat crab fest. Sounds like fun, huh?

2 comments:

  1. I'm very disappointed that you had a great opportunity here to use your newly learned word and you didn't! *sham* I expect to see it in your next blog. Incase you can't remember what your new word is, check paragraph 4.

    I had to chuckle at the fruit salad. Really? How hard is a fruit salad? Get fruit, cut fruit, put all fruit in bowl, toss. We need to get you back into the kitchen. But I have to say I made one this weekend and was kinda proud of myself too...for the fact I had fresh, healthy fruit in the house, not becasue I was able to make it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What happens if I ignore the hint?? ;)

    And where is this crab fest and why didn't you mention this to me earlier!! ;)

    ReplyDelete